Simple Southern Pillow with Zipper



It started with a cute little dish cloth souvenir we found while on a trip to Thibodaux, LA.  When we got home from our trip, I discovered I had a perfectly matching fleur de lis backing fabric. 

 Don't you just love it when things come together like that?!



And here's my zipper.  Okay, here's the truth: I was a little nervous...I haven't put in a zipper in maybe 20 years, plus I was using my new sewing machine, the Babylock Lyric.  So, I YouTubed it!  If ever in doubt - YouTube :)




I even used my zipper foot! The pillow (and zipper) came out great!



Now for the stuffing!





Adorable! I was going to give as a gift but it's so cute, I might have to keep it!







2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What a great idea to make a pillow out of the dish cloth! I am so jealous! I love how the backing is so perfect for it. Keep on adding to your blog, you are so good with it! Can't wait to see what's next!😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,
    Thank you!! You're so sweet. I hope you too are sewing away! Let me know if you need any help. Go visit your local quilt store for local inspiration. Wish I could go with you! Soon! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete